Champagne Cocktails

Champagne

I spent the morning giving my collection of champagne flutes a good soaking, scrubbing and drying to get them ready for the holiday season.  I'm planning to throw many dinner parties for friends and family over the holiday season, so I figure now is better to get things ready.

One pet peeve I have about serving champagne is that people will accept a flute of champagne, put it down and then forget which glass is their glass.   So, because we're all germaphobes, they grab a fresh flute and let a whole glass of perfectly good champagne go to waste.

Solution?  Junk drawer time…

Champagne0019 copy

Here's the title page from my book SIMPLY GREEN PARTIES.   Use a large 1" hole punch to cute out instant wine glass ID tags using old paint chips.   Punch another hole and attach to the stem of the glass with a circular binder clip.   That way, nobody will lose track of their glass.

Problem solved!

1. Khaki says:

Oooooh, what a great idea for repurposing those paint chips. I see gift tags made out of these too!

2. Jessy says:

I made some of these for Christmas last year as gifts. People *love* them!

3. Sandy says:

My solution is to go to my costume jewelry drawer. Most clip earrings fit easily around the thin stem near the base of the flute or any stemware. All those single earrings (missing their mates) make for easy, instant wine ID tags.

4. Dawn says:

You could punch holes in Christmas tags, too and hang them on the stem – how festive! Best wishes!

5. AJ says:

Boy, I must be missing something. How do you get those little binder clips around the stems without scratching the glasses?

6. Heidi says:

Awesome! With all your paint-chip reuse lately, I want to go pick some up to, uh, “re”use :)
    And AJ, binder clips open and close, not like a key chain.

7. Yin says:

Those are so beautiful! Thank you for all your great ideas! I’m looking forward to throwing green events this holiday season!

8. Claire's mom says:

Trader Joe’s also has the wine carrier bags. Take it with me everytime I go. I was at Marshall’s yesterday and they have really cute reusable shopping bags for 99 cents. In Christmas print. I’m going to use these as Christmas gift bags.

9. Claire's mom says: